Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let Me In?

I am a 100% die hard fan of Let The Right One In. I fought through the dumbed down subtitles, and friends watching it with me who talked the whole time. I went and spent the last of my money on the book because if was the only copy I could find. yadda yadda yadda.

The thing is why would you feel the need to change the title. That's for a different discussion.

THE POSTERS OH GOOD LORD THE POSTERS! Now this is of course looking from a graphic design point of view. I've been told for the past 10 months to rip everything we see apart and that's what I did. My art SUCKS and I could still do a better job with my eyes closed. They're simple to the point [sorta] what's 'in' for GD right now. I've seen better movie posters for movies that never deserved to be made. The quality itself kills me. Jamie can take it from here.


As a graphic student I am appalled by these posters. I'm not a fan of horror films but I watched the original and loved it. The poster with the two kids at first glance is nice. I looked at it closer and saw that the font at the bottom was hard to read. The spacing in the title is way off. The image is the best part keeping with the fact that she can't leave foot prints but she wears a pink sweater people. The blood poster is horrible. There are too many blood and water brushes. Different effects that could have been used. The blur was placed on top of everything making it worse. The blood over the text- BAD. The title has bad alignment. The other font doesn't fit.
the last one, old hands do not work. They are children, and the vampire side could have been lighter.
Thank you,
Jamie

haha Gotta love Jamie.

Love it or hate it.
These posters could be a bad forewarning of the movie.
We'll just have to wait and see.



Andrea.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to watch it with my now ex whorebag roommate. it was fantastic. and then she tried to watch it later and almost murdered the dvd. AHHH

    ReplyDelete